Sunday, December 30, 2007

A New Year of Photography

I have a few photography goals for myself this year. Not resolutions, so much, these are just some things I'd like to keep in mind this new year.

Take photos every day. I set this as a goal last year, but didn't stick with it more than a week. I guess I felt like it needed to be a good photo every day and that pressure with temperamental kids and a p&s just didn't pan out. But to be fair, I did take over 4247 photos just in the first 11 months last year, so certainly more than 365.

Take self portraits. I have tried a few times. And gotten some that I actually like. I would really like to have more pictures of myself and if I am also the photographer, I can control the image (and any photoediting that is done afterwards).

Take portraits of my kids. Actually dress them in something nice, put them in front of something, use a tripod and get them to smile. Hopefully suitable for framing.

Get my photos out of the computer. I blog them, I Flickr them, I Photoshop them, I keep them in nice, neatly organized folders on our hard drive. Now I need them on paper. In frames, on walls, in books.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I think these are my goals this year, too. :) I think all of them are good ideas, and especially getting pictures of yourself. I have hardly any pictures of myself with the kids.